This delicious dip recipe came from my sister who is a great cook! It is actually so good that when my daughter Kelli got married a couple of years ago, I included this dip on the table of appetizers that we served at the wedding. It is super easy to put together and can be made ahead of time if you’re taking it to a party. This is not a bland dip. Those tomatoes with green chilies (aka Rotel) plus the spices in it, give it a little kick. It’s better than any of the spinach artichoke dips that I’ve eaten in restaurants.
Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 2 (10 ounce) cans diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
Thaw and drain spinach, pressing between layers of paper towels to remove excess moisture.
Combine spinach, cream cheese, and remaining ingredients, mixing well.
Spoon mixture into a greased 2 1/2 quart baking dish. Bake uncovered at 350 °F for 30 minutes until bubbly.
Serve with tortilla chips.
Note: If you want to half the recipe, it will fit into a pie plate.