This quick and simple recipe with the fun and fancy name accompanied our French Feast about a week ago. They were so good with our buttery lyonnaise potatoes. Simple and delicious!
- 3/4 pound fresh green beans, trimmed (the long, thin variety)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1/3 cup walnuts, lightly toasted and chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ounces fresh goat cheese, crumbled (2/3 cup)
Bring a medium pot of well-salted water to a boil. Cook the beans in the water until tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain and run under cold water to cool. Drain well.
Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shallots and cook, stirring until they begin to brown, about 30 seconds. Stir in the walnuts. Add the beans and cook, stirring to heat through, 2 to 3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper and transfer the beans to a serving dish. Sprinkle the goat cheese over the top and serve.
Adapted from Fine Cooking.