I totally LOVE Greek salad! I am generally a salad lover anyway, but this is one of my all time favorite combinations of ingredients! The salad has crisp textures from the vegetables and salty yumminess of the olives & Feta cheese. I like using the Kalamata olives in this, but in a pinch any olives you like will be just fine. The dressing has just the right kick. Mmmm!
This salad dressing is very close to the Olive Garden restaurant salad dressing. Aside from the Good Seasonings packet, all the other ingredients are things that I always have in my pantry. Homemade dressing is ridiculously easy to make and tastes so much fresher than typical bottled variety. I think I just may have to stock up on some Good Seasonings packets so that I can make this all the time!
Ingredients for Salad:
- 4 cups Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 large cucumber, roughly chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 red onion, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup Kalamata olives, chopped
- 3/4 cup Feta cheese
Combine all salad ingredients.
Gently toss with dressing when ready to serve.
Ingredients for Dressing:
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 packet Good Seasons Italian Salad Dressing packet
Directions for Dressing:
Combine all ingredients together in a blender or food processor.
Blend until well mixed.
Place in a container.
Allow to chill.
Best if chilled overnight, but is still good without being chilled.
Pour on salad and mix.