I love chicken salad. I think I first got this recipe from Southern Living, but have made minor changes to it. There are a lot of ingredients, but feel free to leave out something if it doesn’t suit your taste. I have substituted pecans for the almonds, too.
Fruity Chicken Salad
- 1 (15 oz) can of pineapple tidbits, drained
- 4 cups chopped, cooked chicken
- 1 (11 oz) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 (8oz) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 (2 ½ oz) package sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup seedless grapes, halved or quartered
- 1 ½ cup Miracle Whip
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 (3 oz) can chow mein noodles
Combine all the ingredients except the chow mein noodles. Chill. Stir in the noodles just before serving.